Do you want to play online with friends in Baldur’s Gate 3? The game allows you to play with up to three friends at one time in co-op multiplayer. Each friend can pick an Origin Character or make their own custom character that will aid you in battle.
There are plenty of races and classes to choose from in Baldur’s Gate 3 and any type of ally is sure to help. Will your friend be a daring rogue or a joyful bard? The choice is theirs. This guide will show you how to play co-op multiplayer in Baldur’s Gate 3.
How to play online with friends in Baldur’s Gate 3
Playing online with friends in Baldur’s Gate 3 is very simple. If you want to join your friends, follow these steps:
- Launch the game
- In the main menu, select the multiplayer option
- In the multiplayer menu, apply filters to search for your friend’s game
- Select your friend’s game and click on the connect option
- Follow the steps for creating your character or selecting an Origin Character
Just like in Divinity Original Sin, you can select from pre-established characters or make your own. The multiplayer menu can also be used to join random games that don’t have a full team. You can also invite friends to join your game. If you want to create your own game that friends can join, follow these steps:
- Launch the game
- Select the multiplayer option
- In the multiplayer menu, select the create option at the bottom of the screen
- In your multiplayer lobby, invite friends by pressing the + symbol next to your avatar
- Select the launch option once everyone is in the game and ready to go
Since Baldur’s Gate 3 goes through the Steam app, you will only be able to invite friends that you have connected with via Steam. Be sure to add friends to your Steam friends list so you can play online with them.