Do you want to beat the Parade Master in Lies of P? Each action RPG, especially Soulslikes, is defined by its first boss. For Lies of P, the first boss you will come across on your way to Hotel Krat is the Parade Master. This gargantuan puppet towers over you and isn’t afraid to use its large size to its advantage.
The enemies leading up to this boss have prepared you, taught you how to time perfect guards, and gotten you a few levels. You should be prepared. Take what you learned and use it against this boss to show it you won’t go down without a fight. Here is how to bear the Parade Master in Lies of P.
Lies of P – Parade Master boss guide
When dealing with the Parade Master in Lies of P, you will need to watch out for the following attacks that this boss has at its disposal:
- Shoulder Bash – The Parade Master rushed forward to perform a shoulder bash.
- Overhead Slam – The Parade Master slams down with both arms.
- Overhead Slam (Fury Attack) – The same move as the overhead slam except the boss will glow red. This attack cannot be guarded. This attack also leaves the boss more vulnerable.
- Arm reach/sweep – The Parade Master swings its left arm in a reaching/sweeping motion.
- Running Slam – The Parade Master runs toward you, jumps in the air, and body slams the ground.
- Wild Swings – The Parade Master swings its right arm wildly multiple times. This attack only happens after the boss’ head is removed.
Now that you know all of the boss’ attacks, you should understand how to defeat it. The Puppet Master is a very large and mobile puppet but its fatal flaw is its large presence.
Stick to the boss’ left side as this will help you avoid most of its attacks, especially the reaching/sweeping attacks. After each attack, there is a small window of time that you can use to attack. Get one or two hits in and then go back on the defensive.
After the boss’ health goes below half, it will rip off its head. When this happens, its attacks will get more sporadic. It will also start attacking with its right arm more since that is the hand holding its head. At this point, start focusing more on the boss’ right side.
Pay attention to when the boss starts running or tries to do a slam attack. These attacks are easy to perfect guard and can easily score you some extra attack time. After a while, this can help you stagger the boss as well. Repeat this process until the boss is defeated.