Are you trying to beat Pieta in Lords of the Fallen? Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal isn’t the easiest boss in the game and can easily overwhelm new players if they aren’t aware of her attacks. She uses chains of melee strikes combined with holy blasts that can quickly knock down a player’s health.
If you aren’t careful, Pieta can easily destroy your health in Axiom and Umbral. Keep on your guard and get ready for a bombardment of attacks. This guide will show you how to beat Pieta in Lords of the Fallen.
How to defeat Pieta in Lords of the Fallen
Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal is the second boss in the game and the last boss you need to defeat before making it to the Skybridge. If you are having trouble, you can summon the Iron Wayfarer to help you defeat her.
Pieta has the following moves that she will use against you during the fight:
- Wide Sword Swings – Pieta will swing her sword in a wide arch. She typically does this two or four times.
- Holy Laser – Pieta shoots a hold laser that is difficult to dodge. Practice dodging or blocking this attack to get it down.
- Holy Explosion – Peta shoves her sword into the ground, creating a holy AOE explosion.
- Angel Wings – Pieta will grow wings after losing about a third of her health.
- Fly By – Pieta flies over the arena, damaging anything in her path and leaving behind a holy-marked area. After a short while, swords will fall into these areas.
- Sword Slam – Pieta slams her sword onto the ground.
- Holy Swords – Pieta summons holy swords that go in a line toward you.
- Summon Angel Allies – Pieta summons holy figments that attack before disappearing.
Now that you know Pieta’s moves, you can defeat her more easily.
The key to defeating Pieta is to stick close to her. Many of her attacks are difficult to dodge from afar. Up close, you will force her into more melee-focused attacks. Since her sword swings are easily dodged, move out of the way and wait for her to stop attacking. When she stops, hit her twice or thrice and then wait for the next attack. If she moves away, quickly close the gap to force her into melee combat. Repeat this until her second phase begins when she grows wings.
During the second phase of the fight, Pieta will start off by flying over the arena. Stick to the sides to avoid this attack and wait for the swords to fall and disappear. After this, stick to the plan from the first phase. Get in close when Pieta tries to fly away.
Throughout this second phase, you will notice Pieta’s attacks will get slightly flashier and she is more agile. We recommend using a longer weapon to help hit her or using thrown weapons to make hitting easier when she moves away. Keep repeating the process of dodging her melee attacks and hitting her after her attack animations. This will help you defeat her and finally gain access to the Skybridge.