A Baldur’s Gate 3 dinosaur mod has risen from the far-off land known as Isla Sorna. Here, the mages and wizards of InGen use advanced forms of magic called science to recreate ancient beings. These beings are known as dinosaurs. Are you ready to reach 65 million years into the past to find new allies that will help you in battle? There are plenty of monsters to choose from thanks to this new mod from StarEMC2.
The Jurassic Gate mod for Baldur’s Gate 3 doesn’t add more story content. Instead, it adds all-new companions that you can summon to aid you in battle. No more will be you forced to use a minimal number of summons. Thanks to StarEMC2 on Nexus Mods, you can now reach into the past and summon one of eight different prehistoric pals.
The mod uses a special Jurassic DNA Potion “distilled by the mages of InGen from the blood of bugs trapped in amber.” This potion became surprisingly popular because it is “available at vendors across the land.” Use of this potion gives you access to the following summons:
Note: Each of the descriptions is the official description given by the mod developer for the summons.
- Ezsha Sapclaw & Izti Sapclaw – Velociraptor sisters trained by the Yuan-Ti of House Sauringar from the Samarach Grasslands in southern Chult.
- Hussui Brineclaw & Ahsu Brineclaw – Nest siblings trained by the Yuan-Ti of House Sseradess from the Thindol Basin on the Chultan Peninsula.
- Visk Poisondusk & Kreh Poisondusk – Nest brothers raised by the Lizardfolk cult of Sess’innek from the Aldani Basin in central Chult.
- Ngau Tio the Frostfang – A magical Deinonychus enchanted by the Shekinester worshiping Pterafolk tribe from the Mistcliffs in western Chult.
- Ma’u Ahi the Fireclaw – A magical Deinonychus enchanted by the Kossuth worshiping Firenewt cultists from the Peaks of Flame in central Chult.
- Ahemait the Shadowclaw – A dire Deinonychus trained by the Yuan-Ti of House Se’Seher from the Black Jungles in eastern Chult.
- Roho the Ghost & Giza the Darkness – A pair of Forest Sabercat brothers trained for hunting by the Wild Dwarves of the Dur Authalar tribe from villages on the River Soshenstar.
- Kigatilik the Snowstalker – A Frost Sabertooth captured and tamed by the Wild Dwarves of the Inugaakalikurit tribe from the Great Glacier in Faerûn’s northernmost reaches.
Keep in mind that the Jurassic DNA Potion is a one-time use item so you will need to purchase a new one after each use. This isn’t the first amazing feat from a Baldur’s Gate 3 player as one fan instant-killed a boss by reverse pickpocketing them. Make sure to check out the modders page for more amazing Baldur’s Gate 3 mods.