Do you want to play online with your friends in Fallout 76? There are a few ways that you can join others in this post-apocalyptic survival game, both of which involve teams. Public Teams are a great way to join friends or join other players in Fallout 76 and get bonuses for playing the game. There are multiple types of public teams to choose from with each one giving a different bonus to you and your allies. This guide will show you how to create and join public teams in Fallout 76.
How to create and find public teams in Fallout 76
If you want to create or join a public team in Fallout 76, you will need to start by joining a game. Once you are in a world, hold down the start button on Xbox or the options button on PlayStation. This will bring up the public teams menu. You can also bring up this menu bring pressing the start button or the options button to bring up the map. Once you are on the map screen, press R1 or RB to bring up the social menu. If you are on PC, you can only bring up this menu by going to the map screen and pressing the C key.
Once you are in the menu, select create new team to create a new public team. You will then need to choose what type of team you want to create. The following teams can be created and have the following bonuses:
- Expeditions Team – Gets bonus XP for completing expeditions
- Roleplay Team – Gets a bonus to their Charisma for each team member
- Events Team – Gets bonus XP for completing events
- Exploration Team – Gets a bonus to their Endurance for each team member
- Casual Team – Gets a bonus to their Intelligence for each team member
- Daily Ops Team – Gets bonus XP for completing the Daily Ops mission
Select the type of team you want and it will be created. Once made, anyone on the server will be able to join your team. The more people on your team, the greater the bonus will become. You can also join public teams from the social menu by selecting the team you wish to join and accepting it.