Most of your gameplay in Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown will revolve around platforming or combat. Sometimes, however, puzzles work their way into the conversation. In this case, platforming and puzzle-solving team up to make a bit of a challenge. As you are working to summon the four celestial guardians, you will come across a room in Upper City that has three colored rings you have to activate and then line up their rotating to open the way forward. Here is how to do the colored rings puzzle in Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown.
Colored rings puzzle solutions in Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
Before you can move the rings to where they need to be to progress in Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown, you have to first activate all three rings with some platforming rooms. For each room, you have to navigate some pink stones into the proper slots. Here are breakdowns on how to do them.
- From the room with the rings, if you head straight to the right, there is one stone in a room with a panel on each side. Start by grabbing the stone with Dimensional Grab and throwing it in the slot in the middle of the room. Jump onto the platform that sticks out.
- Next, you want to jump once, grab the stone, double jump to one of the sides, and dash to a panel so you can wall jump to the area above. While in the air, aim your stone back at the slot you took it from. If you do it right, the nearby platform will stick out to land on.
- Next, double jump straight up. At the height of your jump, activate Shadow of Simurgh to leave a shadow just under the opened gate above.
- Drop down to the stone and grab it again. Activate your shadow to teleport to the top of the room and instantly aim to throw the stone straight upward. It will go into the slot and activate the yellow ring.
- When you go beneath the ring room, you will find a stone sitting on a platform to the top left and two stone buttons on the floor. To start, go to the button on the left and leave a shadow. Go to the button on the right and stand on it until the stone is moved all the way to the right.
- Teleport to the left and the panel in the middle will knock the stone down. Throw it in the slot. Jump on the platform in the middle and then to the one you moved in the top left. Double jump to the middle and leave a shadow at the top of your jump. Drop down, grab the stone, teleport, and throw the stone straight up to activate the blue ring.
- The final room has two slots; the bottom puts out two panels on the side for you to jump on, and the top will open the gate above that you need to throw the stone through.
- Start by putting the stone in the bottom slot. Then, double jump onto one of the panels, double jump off of that, and leave a shadow at the height of your jump. Drop to the bottom and grab the stone. Throw it into the above slot. Now, the gate above should be opened, and you have a shadow above the slot.
- Now is where you have to get the timing just right. Teleport to your shadow and let yourself drop so you can grab the stone. The moment you have it, throw it straight up to activate the red ring.
How to align the rings
Now that you have all three rings spinning in the main room, you have one more step to do. All three rings have an indentation in them that will turn a light on when that indent goes over it. Stepping on the buttons in the middle of the room will stop that particular ring from spinning.
- First, wait for the outer yellow ring to spin until it lights up the sun on the right, and then step on the button. Wait for the middle red ring to light up the symbol on the left side and immediately get off the button.
- Don’t stand on any button until the inner blue ring comes around and lights up its symbol. When that happens, stand on the blue button and wait for the red and yellow rings to rotate until all three lights are lit.
After completing the puzzle, you can move to the top of the room and activate the celestial guardian.