Whenever a new League of Legends spin-off comes out, Riot Games’ fans love to see which of their favorite champions will appear in-game. For example, in Ruined King, gamers loved teaming up Illaoi, Miss Fortune, and Braum. In the case of Mageseeker, players knew a few things going in. To start, this League of Legends story game is helmed by the infamous unchained mage Sylas himself. But what other champions will join Sylas in Mageseeker?
League of Legends champions you encounter in Mageseeker
- Luxana “Lux” Crownguard: Before Mageseeker even starts, Lux befriends Sylas during his imprisonment. To break out of his chains, though, he copies and exposes her secret light magic. Once Sylas reveals her illegal mage abilities, Lux goes on the run and joins a different refugee mage group. You meet with her a few times throughout the game.
- Garen Crownguard: This spin-to-win champion and brother of Lux is the first League of Legends character you can fight. As Sylas escapes The Great City of Demacia, he and Garen clash. This first time, you can’t beat the knight of Demacia. However, later n Mageseeker you can properly battle it out with Garen.
- Morgana: Morgana acts as an eerie, lore-filled mystical power in Mageseeker. The people of Demacia call here The Veiled Lady. Morgana appears before Sylas and gives him extra power and reveals to him the complex history of Demacia– a history filled with magic.
- Jarvan IV: The day of Sylas’ breakout was a bad day for Jarvan IV. Not only did the criminal reveal that the prince’s childhood friend was a mage but also someone killed his father and he was thrust into a position he wasn’t ready for. As king of Demacia, Jarvan spends most of Mageseeker torn between letting the Mageseekers enforce a return to peace, or changing the laws of Demacia for the magical ones he loves… including a certain dragon. Be careful of his spear when you fight, though.
- Shyvana: In League of Legends lore, Shyvana the half-dragon became friends with Jarvan IV when she saved him from danger as a child. Over the years, their bond grew until Jarvan invited her to the palace as a member of the royal guard. But her innately magical, draconic ways don’t quite fit in Demacian Mageseeker law. Regardless, she will come to Jarvan’s defense when necessary (read: get ready to fight a dragon).
- Nocturne: The most surprising League of Legends champion you meet is while in the wilds. There, Sylas and his Yordle friend Yops encounter a mysterious, magical force. After some beast-fighting exploration, you discover this force to be Nocturne, The Eternal Nightmare. This is a wandering spirit threatening anyone who crosses it.
Champions referenced in Mageseeker
- Galio: Galio doesn’t appear in the Mageseeker game, but his existence is referenced several times. In a side quest, Sylas and an elder mage, Kara, are hunting down and destroying anti-magic Colossus pieces built by the Mageseekers. During their conversations about anti-magic units, Kara mentions the original protective colossus himself, Galio.
- Kayle: In League of Legends lore, Morgana and Kayle are sisters who used to guard Demacia as winged protectors. While Kayle does not appear in Mageseeker, Morgana does mention her when she reveals to Sylas and the Demacian people the truth behind Demacia’s history with magic. Morgana also mentions that Demacia’s “not ready for [her] sister’s judgment.” Eerie.