Palworld allows you to choose your own difficulty. If the game is too hard, turn it down so you can more easily handle the survival aspects. Because of the different Palworld difficulty settings, you might be wondering which difficulty you should choose. Well, There is a lot to think about here. After all, you don’t want to go rushing into the game blind only to have to restart.
Whether you are trying to capture Pals or building a base, you want to make sure you are on a difficulty that is right for you. Here are all the Palworld difficulty settings.
All Palworld Difficulty Settings Explained
There are four different difficulties in Palworld for you to choose from. These settings range from easy to hard. There is even a custom difficulty option that we will break down if you feel like switching things up a bit. The following options are in Palworld:
- Casual – For those new to survival games and want to enjoy a relaxing life with their Pals.
- Pals are easier to catch
- Gain more EXP
- You can gather resources and incubate eggs faster
- Battles are easier
- There are no penalties when dying
- Normal – For survival game regulars who want to take on the challenge of survival on Palpagos Island.
- Standard game balance
- Upon death, all equipment and material items are dropped on the spot
- Hard – For survival game veterans. Face off against an onslaught of ferocious Pals and the unforgiving elements of Palpagos Island.
- Pals are harder to catch
- You gain less EXP
- Gathering resources and incubating eggs takes longer
- Take more damage and deal less damage
- Upon death, all items and Pals are dropped on the spot
- Custom – For those who want a tailored experience that is unique to their world. Includes a large list of custom options to choose from.
What difficulty mode should you choose in Palworld?
Between all of the difficulty settings in Palworld, we think that normal mode should be good for a majority of players. If you have played survival games before and are used to losing your items when your character dies, it won’t be different than anything you have experienced. However, if you are not used to survival games, you should probably choose easy since it will give you the least amount of trouble. Hard mode should only be reserved for those who are true veterans of survival games. Since you lose everything, including your Pals, when you die it makes the game significantly more difficult.
Custom Difficulty Mode settings in Palworld
With all the Palworld difficulty settings, you can choose custom. This allows you to tailor the game to your style of play. Similar to games like Ark, this allows you to change different parts of the game such as the hunger rate and stamina recharge rate. Here are all of the settings you can change as part of the custom difficulty mode in Palworld:
- Day time speed
- Night time speed
- EXP rate
- Pal capture rate
- Pal appearance rate
- Damage from Pals multiplier
- Damage to Pals multiplier
- Pal hunger depletion rate
- Pal stamina depletion rate
- Pal auto HP regeneration rate
- Pal sleep health regeneration rate
- Damage from player multiplier
- Damage to player multiplier
- Player hunger depletion rate
- Player stamina depletion rate
- Player auto HP regeneration rate
- Player sleep HP regeneration rate
- Damage to structure multiplier
- Structure deterioration rate
- Maximum number of dropped items in a world
- Gatherable items multiplier
- Gatherable objects HP multiplier
- Gatherable objects respawn interval
- Dropped items multiplier
- Time to incubate massive egg
- Enable raid events
- Death penalty
- Max number of guilds
We recommend using custom difficulty if you plan on hosting your own server as this could help limit the difficulty for everyone in the game with you. That is everything you need to know about the custom game mode. Good luck catching Pals!